Tashkent Medical Academy and Korea University established “TMA-KU Collaborating Research Center” within the framework of the International Research Grant “Improving Healthcare Education at the Tashkent Medical Academy for 2016-2020”.
Department of Environmental Hygiene
In 2017-2018, Master’s Degree 5A510302 “Environment and Human Health” was introduced to train international level specialists in environmental hygiene. Duration of study is 2 years.
What subjects are covered?
- Health and environmental toxicology
- Public health
- Analytical chemistry and experimenter
- Health and Environment Statistics
- Environmental Hygiene
- Experimental studies in the assessment of atmospheric air quality
- Air quality control
- Hydrosphere Management
- Industrial ventilation
- Water quality analysis and assessment
- Assessment of the working environment
- Measuring and evaluating workplace factors
- Environmental risk assessment
- Assessment of indoor indices
- Environmental and radiation safety
Where are the alumni working?
- State Inspection on Sanitary and Epidemiological Supervision
- Agency for Sanitary and Epidemiological Safety
- In government agencies and organizations for environmental protection and labor protection
- Environmental Protection Institutions
- Scientific research institutes, various ministries and environmental laboratories in them
- At workplace certification agencies
- Korean and foreign companies operating in the Republic
- In higher medical education institutions
Collaborating Research Center
The Center consists of two laboratories, an exhibition room, a study room and a lecture hall equipped with modern facilities for measuring and evaluating physical and chemical properties of environmental factors.
The first laboratory is equipped with the AA-7000 series atomic absorption spectrometer, gas chromatograph and UV-1280 series spectrophotometer manufactured by Shimadzu, Japan.
The second laboratory is equipped with lumeter, sumometer, thermohydroCO2meter, aerocon and other laboratory equipment to determine the level of lighting and noise, air temperature, humidity, CO2 and dust content.
In the exhibition hall you can find modern personal protective equipment for workers of various fields and rules of their proper use.
Purpose of the Center:
– to teach undergraduate and graduate students skills in hygienic assessment of environmental objects, as well as to provide methodological assistance to laboratory research specialists;
– Laboratory testing of environmental objects (ponds and drinking water, atmospheric and working air, soil and waste water) and biofuels (blood and urine); Assessment of chemical composition of samples (including heavy metals and volatile organic compounds) on the basis of hygiene standards and development of a set of measures aimed at the sanitary protection of environmental objects;
Opportunities of the center:
– to check and assess physical and chemical factors of the working environment;
– Definition of industrial ventilation parameters and evaluation of ventilation efficiency;
– to check and evaluate the physical indicators of water;
– spectrometric inspection and evaluation of the chemical composition of water;
– to check and evaluate physical indicators of atmospheric air;
– Checking and evaluation of atmospheric chemical factors;
– monitoring and evaluation of microclimate indicators;
– assessment of natural and artificial lighting of rooms;
– Checking and evaluation of soil physical parameters;
– Comparison of chemical content of soil content with hygienic standards;
– Determine the amount of radon in the outer and inner environment;
– Detection and evaluation of heavy metal residues in biological fluids (blood and urine).
The modern research laboratory for environmental factors is equipped with the following